Re: Mira 1291 in CC this fall???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger Lewis on May 12, 2003 at 08:06:20:

In Reply to: Mira 1291 in CC this fall??? posted by Phil Golson on May 10, 2003 at 18:41:51:

The MI1291 5 valve CC is quite similar in appearance to the BBb version and it is a marvelous horn. In a recent e-mail from Miraphone they are looking to deliver this instrument in February, 2004. However, they mentioned that if there was ewnough demand they would move up production on this horn. They try to approach their projects in order. Right now they are putting the finishiing touches on the new EEb tuba they are to release soon, then their efforts go to the New CC, followed by the new F tuba some other projects they have in the works. This horn is fantastic! I have asked if I can get the first one off the assembly line, but we'll see. I plan to meet with purchasing today to determine quantities for our order as Miraphone is now accepting orders for these horns.

By the way, I spoke with Pat Sheridan recently and he mentioned that the new Besson 995 should be in stock later this month. I have 4 silver ones and a lacquer one coming (with cases). I have also played these and they are fine instruments but I don't know if the low register can compete with the Miraphone. They do have a great sound and feel.

Just keeping everyone up to date.

Roger

Follow Ups: