Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News List

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on May 15, 2003 at 10:05:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News List posted by Doc on May 14, 2003 at 21:49:04:

I'm consternated (new word) by the reaction of people that just because I say that I don't like our health care system, that I think the "gubment" should be the payor. No way. As a matter of fact, I think a lot like you do. My solution is the other direction from socialized medicine: I think health care "insurance" or "HMO" should be structured like credit unions are: the members are the owners, instead of unaccountable public stockholders being the owners. The members would control who the doctors, nurses, hospitals, labs, and other staff are, and what they are paid. The free market will come into play for that. But the profits should go right back to the members in the form of lower prices. This, you see, is not towards communism at all but the opposite direction... if anything it is "pure" capitalism, where the group of members is in total control without government intervention.

And I believe the other major problem is the drug companies, who have brainwashed not only the public but the doctors too. There is plenty infomation out there that in many or most conditions, drugs are not the best course of treatment, but you will never see that information unless you really dig for it. Drug companies fight tooth and nail to keep other modes of treatment not covered by insurance or even made illegal. Like I said, love of money.

MA

Follow Ups: