Re: Re: MW 2155 Silver for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on May 21, 2003 at 16:28:23:

In Reply to: Re: MW 2155 Silver for sale posted by wondering on May 21, 2003 at 12:51:37:

It would be due diligence to ask this question privately if you are actually a potential buyer, but even then the question is silly. If someone is going to try to put one over by selling a crummy horn, what would possibly cause them to 'fess up just because you ask this question? Really, the question comes up all the time, and it's just inane.

But you went beyond asking the question, and insinuated that there must be something wrong with the horn for him to be selling 2 months later. Have you NEVER bought something only to find something you like better? Or overextended yourself financially? I got laid off last year a week after we dug the hole for a swimming pool. If I could have sold the pool THAT DAY I would have (I did ultimately have to sell the house and move to another state). Injuries, acceptance into some situation that provides an instrument -- there are a zillion legitimate reasons for selling an instrument two months after you buy it. An interested party, unless he has a GOOD cause to trust the seller, ultimately will have to determine if there's a problem by playing it.

Joe Baker, who finds this question more aggravating than lacquer/silver and BBb/CC combined.

Follow Ups: