Re: Re: Texas RTEC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Competitor's Thought on May 21, 2003 at 17:51:28:

In Reply to: Re: Texas RTEC posted by unfortunately.... on May 20, 2003 at 14:01:55:

Well, as a competitor in the Texas Regional Competition, I thought I would throw my thoughts in on how the competitions were run. I was in the artist euphonium category (among others) and did see a bit of disorganization. But, it was not to the point that it frustrasted me or disrupted my performance at all. The reasons the competitions were switched at the last minute was to accommodate Harvey Phillips and allow him to judge the Artist Tuba Competition. Also, the reason many of the competitions were behind, especially in the afternoon, was that the morning competitions ran a little long, and the same competitors were often in ALL of the categories. Personally, I preferred the looser, more relaxed environment. This was my first solo competition ever, and the laid back proceedings helped to keep me less nervous. I think it is a shame to rag on the planners of the event who spent many months bringing all of these unique opportunities to our area. Honestly, who cares if a Harvey Phillips lecture starts a few minutes late? You had the opportunity to learn from not only Harvey Phillips, but a great number of other players/teachers in our field!

Follow Ups: