Re: Re: Amateurs and ITEA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Preece on May 22, 2003 at 01:59:34:

In Reply to: Re: Amateurs and ITEA posted by not enough on May 21, 2003 at 11:47:59:

I have been a member for over 5 years, and I too would like to see more than recital postings. More academic learning is what I long to get out the organization, and or the pros to right in to explain certain aspects of playing the instrument. I know they have some, but more from different venues would be more suitable for everyone. Some things that are included in the journal are right on the money. For example: the Contrabass repertoire in the last issue - perfect. The orchestral audition lists from the major orchestras in North America - perfect. I think we need more of these types of entries.

1 thing that the ITEA boasts when looking at the pros and cons of joining is:

2) Access to the "Members Area" portion of the website - there is no such thing there!!

I know they are doing OK, but I know this is not the best it can be. There has to be more to do on the site than what they have got there. Why can't there be a list of reference material on our instrument, such as the "640 page book about the tuba" in the last issue - What is the name of the book? It is not even stated on the advert!
Mark.

Follow Ups: