Re: Re: Re: Re: Postwar Yorks vs. "Vintage" Yorks?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on May 27, 2003 at 12:39:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Postwar Yorks vs. "Vintage" Yorks? posted by dave on May 26, 2003 at 18:52:55:

I think you guys are talking apples & elephants.

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the images in the Yahoo group, obtained by following his links. If I understand LV correctly, he's talking about the image Klaus is trying to insert INTO the Tubenet message, NOT the images that are available if you go to the Yahoo group. As Yahoo 'shuffles' things around, images change names frequently. I don't think it has anything to do with optimization, just Yahoo's way of keeping people from linking directly into their site (which is annoying, but their right, of course). If I do in fact understand correctly, I have to agree. There may be a person or two who gets to Klaus' posts before the shuffle, but I never have, even once. I'd never try to tell Klaus what he SHOULD do, but if he's looking for opinions I'd rather he skipped trying to put the image in the posts. It does slow down the loading of his posts, with very little to be gained.

But the images available on the Yahoo group -- those I LIKE.

Joe Baker, who copes with the delay to see the great pics on Yahoo.

Follow Ups: