Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: B&S 4P

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 29, 2003 at 22:14:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: B&S 4P posted by dp on May 29, 2003 at 20:58:54:

I find it a bit dumb (when B&S "trademark" F tubas and most all of their other tubas consistently play at A=440 regardless of "market") for B&S to make a tuba that is built to play at A=450 and ship it to the U.S.

Recently, I bought a B&S (Weltklang) EEb helicon from an ebay seller in Germany. The printed piece of paper glued to the inside of the case said that it was a very old "FDJ- und Pionierensemble" instrument. Guess what?...A=440.

Your close buddy (and my esteemed acquaintance) Tony wouldn't show up dead for a gig with an A=450 instrument. The kick-ass Gronitz tubas that he sells play at A=440.

Easy-to-play instruments are universally easy-to-play for professionals and amateurs alike. There may be a chasm (as some on this bbs claim), but "easy-to-play" is a universally-desired aspect of an instrument (unless, perhaps, there are some S&M musicians out there (??).

Yeah, I tease, but I wouldn't tease if I didn't first respect...If there was no respect, I simply wouldn't respond.

Joe "Yep, my A=440 B&S F tuba was purchased new at a Berlin-area music store in 1982." S.

Follow Ups: