Re: Schilke Heleberg II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Archie on November 02, 1999 at 22:15:38:

In Reply to: Schilke Heleberg II posted by Todd on November 02, 1999 at 16:44:24:

I own two original Schilke Helleberg IIs that I use, and I own one R&S II copy heavy weight. I use my Schilke Helleberg II
on an Alex C. I am not sold on the R&S II heavy at all. I have been using a Schilke Helleberg II for 8 years now and have
trying many different mps. I hate to say this, but the R&S II heavy that I have is not near as good as my original Schilke.
Now they feel exactly the same on my face. Maybe the original Schilke is a tad bit more comfortable. BUT the R&S heavy
does not have very good focus in the upper register and does not have near the same sound that my original has. And believe
it or not I get a bigger and darker sound on the original, not the heavy. Even buzzing them side by side the Schilke Helleberg
II buzzes a more open sound. The heavy mp gives me a more punchy sound. Now I am very curious about comparing a
standard R&S II not a heavy, because I wonder how much of what I am having a problem with could be the weight. I did a
side/by/side comparing for TWO mouths and I still have the R&S, but play on the Schilke Helleberg II. Has anyone out
there done a side/by/side with a R&S II standard against an original? Now don't get me wrong, the R&S is a very good mp,
but the chemistry of my horn, me and that mp does not happen like it does with my Schilke Helleberg II. BTW the R&S
heavy make an awesome paperweight.
Archie

Follow Ups: