Re: Performance Major and Marching Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on November 15, 1999 at 13:29:36:

In Reply to: Performance Major and Marching Band? posted by Jeff Baker on November 12, 1999 at 14:23:20:

How about a totally different tack on this. As a member of military bands for 7 of my 11 years in(I tauaght at the School), I marched. Marched day in and day out. AND I am a better tuba player for it. I learned to relax, not force and make a peice of metal, not conducive to most music making, make music, (The sousaphone), and learned that you can play correctly and beautifully in any situation. Can you imagine how good it felt to play an up-right? It was gas, each instrument helped the other. Marching bnad is what you make of it. Any chance to play the tuba with an ensemble is a plus. Stay with marching band, enjoy the friends you make, there is more to life than Ride or Fountains. Gene Porkorny has been known to play clarinet, now that sounds like a guy who is having fun. I must admit, I miss cold November mornings in Atlanta playing British 8th with one of my favorite guys, Lee Stofer. Call me silly........

Follow Ups: