Re: Disconnected tuba bells

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anon2 on November 18, 1999 at 09:23:30:

In Reply to: Disconnected tuba bells posted by Anon on November 18, 1999 at 08:41:32:

I, too, would like to remain anonymous because the manufacturer and distributor of my horn watch this BBS and get real angry when they're criticized. Then they tend to find excuses for not working with me on repairs and such. First of all, if it's been more than a year since you bought your horn the warranty is probably expired and the manufacturer may not do anything for you. Secondly, my horn is silver and it was made in Europe but the distributor and dealer were in the U.S. When warrantly repairs became necessary that affected the silver finish I was told by both the dealer and the distributor that nobody in this country could do the silver refinishing, that it had to be shipped back to the factory in Europe for that. I would have been without my horn for months and they would not offer a replacement during the interim. That was enough to make me shy away from any further pursuit of warranty repairs. Once upon a time on this BBS I read a thread on tuba manufacturer warranties and the conclusion was that they're not worth the paper they're written on. Based on my experience, I would tend to agree with that.

Follow Ups: