Re: Kalison Pro 2000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T. J. Ricer on November 26, 1999 at 11:11:46:

In Reply to: Kalison Pro 2000 posted by Phil on November 24, 1999 at 21:55:48:

I own a Pro 2000 and have enjoyed playing it. I got mine used and have never played it with the original leadpipe, so that might make a difference. I really like the sound that I get out of the horn, from the back of the orchestra it lines up with my concept and I have not had projection problems (once in a while I get told that I am cutting too much). The intonation does have it's quirks, but my horn only has one "bad" note (Ab top of the staff). The one problem I have on it is that I find it hard to sound extremly articulate on it. I have done the gregson and the effie suite on it and it works, but it is a lot of work. I have not had any experience with other Pro 2000s and have heard that mine is somewhat better than average for them. As far as I am conserned I sound as good or better on this than I do on just about all comparable horns I have played (the 2165, the Neptune, etc.) The only large horns that I liked more (and I don't have the big bucks for them) are the Willson and the Nirschl York. But there are a few that I haven't played.

Hope this helps,
T. J.
by the way, if I am unclear - I do support the horn

Follow Ups: