Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rudy Meinl`s

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 04, 1999 at 01:00:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rudy Meinl`s posted by Warren on December 04, 1999 at 00:12:39:

I do know Kurt, though he's not in the Florida Philharmonic. Kurt plays with an orchestra called the Boca Pops. At least that is the name I know them by. This may be the orchestra you referred to as "Florida Symphonic Pops". I wish I could help you with an email address for Kurt but I don't know it and our union (local 655) directory doesn't include email addresses. I'm sure if you call the local (954-925-1996), they'll be able to get you in touch with Kurt. I don't know the tuba player's name in the Boca Pops but I know they have one because I filled in for him on a job this summer. Actually, it is kind of a funny story. The Florida Philharmonic is on vacation during the summer so we are free to take extra jobs if we see fit. Last summer, the Moody Blues came to town and played a concert at an amphitheater in Palm Beach County. Anyhow, the parking situation at this place is horrible because it holds close to 100,000 people but there is only one two-lane road going out of the parking lot. So when the job came up and Boca Pops was contracted to do it, the tuba player told Kurt (the personnel manager of the Boca Pops) that he didn't want to do the job unless they could fix the parking situation so he could just pack up his horn and leave without having to wait. Kurt told him that wasn't possible and then called me on the off chance that I might be able to fill in. I played with the Moody Blues a few years ago when they last came to town and I always have a great time doing their shows so I agreed to do the gig. Apparently, after I was confirmed to sub the regular tuba player changed his mind and called Kurt to tell him that he would do the gig after all. But Kurt told him that the gig had already been offered to another player and the matter was settled. I thought that was exceedingly honest of Kurt, having to tell his regularly contracted player that the job had already been given away.

Anyway, good luck getting in touch with Kurt. If you need anymore assistance, please don't hesitate to email me privately.

Follow Ups: