Re: Mom needs help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Farah on November 09, 2000 at 11:18:40:

In Reply to: Mom needs help! posted by Jane on November 08, 2000 at 22:46:48:

My advice would be to buy him a 4/4 CC tuba. Being that if he did want to major in it, he would have a good tuba to being learning all of those hard excerpts. If he quit by the time he got to college, a CC will be easier to sell and you'd probably get most of the money back you invested in it.

Used or New: Either way, whichever one gives you the best deal. I'd suggest new: again, higher resale value, however, new tubas don't typically come with a case. I'd suggest a Rudy Meinl CC 4/4 5 Vlv Tuba. Yeah, it has 5 valves (and they are all rotary), but the 5th valve is common on most tubas of this nature: $7,095.00

I know those of you who hate Miraphone will be mad, but they are great for students. I'd suggest an Miraphone S 186 CC 5V Rotary Lacquer Tuba at around $5000 is a good deal.

I'm just giving you ideas on good resale instruments as well as good tubas. Like I said, this is only an opinion from a non-tuba player, but trust me, I have heard Sean play both of these tubas, and they are pretty good. Good luck!

Farah

PS. I got this info off of Brook Mays website:
http://www.brookmays.com/department.asp?prodcode=b1f0

Follow Ups: