Re: Re: Army Tuba Opening

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Zerkel on November 10, 2000 at 08:37:07:

In Reply to: Re: Army Tuba Opening posted by Great Gig ! on November 08, 2000 at 15:02:45:

Tim is right..this is a very good job, especially for someone coming right out of school! The band is VERY good and it's a lot of fun to be handed a fistful of hundreds and to travel the country in a very comfortable kind of way. I sure am glad that I did it!

I left the band because my wife and I were starting a family and being on the road as much as we were was incongruous with being the kind of Dad that I wanted to be, hence the move downtown. But as far as work goes, this is one of the best military gigs out there!

One other thing worth mentioning...When I took this audition I was under the impression that the bands were interested in hiring only players with INCREDIBLE technique. I thought for sure that the Carnival of Venice gang would be what the band would be interested in hiring. I was wrong! (Thank God! I'd probably be super-sizing Value Meals right now if I had to play Carnival to win an audition!) The bands are no different than the orchestras in terms of choosing the winner to their auditions...they want to hire the best MUSICIAN!! Play well...the committee is rooting for you to do well. They are not the enemy!

Good luck!
DZ

Follow Ups: