Horns for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D. Seebaugh on November 16, 2000 at 23:03:50:

For sale:

Besson 765 four-valve (non-compensating) euphonium

-about three years old and in very good playing condition
-three fairly shallow dings on the top bow (1/2 inch or less in diamteter and a slight
crease on the edge of the bell (near the bell wire) that really isn't that noticeable
-Due to Besson's fine quality control standards, the horn has several small areas
of acid bleed. It doesn't seem to be spreading.
-includes a very nice hard shell case, a Reunion Blues gig bag that's in very good
shape, two Schilke 51D large shank mouthpieces (one needs a little work), a
BERP device that is attached to the lead pipe and a Denis Wick practice mute (that
has it's share of dents and I had to replace the tape around the top)
-This is a very nice sounding horn that would be great for an amateur or an
intermediate level student

$1100 (firm) for the whole package

I have made a long-term commitment to graduate school (hopefully leading to a terminal degree) and I won't have the time/energy to play and practice for the foreseable future. When (if) I return to playing, I will pick up another horn. In the mean time, I can use the money for tuition, etc.

Here's the catch: I am not interested in packing the horn for shipping (I have exams to take and papers to write). Please do not email or call to ask about shipping the horn. I am located in Brooklyn, NY and I will be happy to have visits from prospective buyers. If I can't sell it in the next few weeks, I will take it to Dillon Music and sell it on consignment. Please email: seebaugh(AT)aol.com or call 718-788-1729 if you would like to visit and try the horn.

Follow Ups: