Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Guy and Virginia on November 17, 2000 at 12:12:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 52J vs. 56J posted by Bryan on November 16, 2000 at 14:13:52:

Sheesh. So now it's Bohm and Meinl's fault that you don't like an individual on the west coast who is given to unexpurgated expressions of opinion.

I would like to know when we expect our friend in California to change. And I would like to know what we expect him to change to. Personally, part of the fun of this bulletin board is the variety of opinions, and the occasional spiciness of their expression. But (and here is my point) I have decided beforehand *not to take things personally*, even when I disagree with what's being said or the way it's being said. It's a decision that must be renewed every day. And sometimes more often than that, when it seems like *my* ox is being gored.

If Guys in California have to be just like everyone else, and conform to someone else's view of "nice", then we might not have as much fun.

Of course, my hope that not taking things personally would be followed even by Californian Curmudgeons.

Hint: If you think someone's post is irrelevant, then ignore it. If you think it is incorrect, then disagree. But writing posts complaining of irrelevancy just propagates the problem.

Follow Ups: