Re: Re: Re: Tips for All-State auditions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt on November 20, 2000 at 11:01:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tips for All-State auditions posted by Sean Chisham on November 20, 2000 at 00:56:09:

Thanks for your comments. That really helps a lot. About what I meant with the different playings style from Tenn. to Chicago....I wasn't meaning high school playing. I take lessons from Joe Stegemann (which recently moved here from Chicago), and a lot of times he suggests ideas that aren't liked around here. Or so it seems. He has told me countless times how playing is different here. Obviously not on a high school level, but on a pro level. I'm not speaking from experience because am only in high school, but the ideas seem to be different than what others are doing with music around here. I due see now why it wouldn't be a good idea to change the music sense it is a required piece by all. That makes a lot of sense.

The audition piece is called "Concertpiece" ( i think, i only have the photocopied excerpts. It doesn't have the title on the copies). I believe it is in the back of the Advanced Method Rubank Book Vol.II. I do have the book, but I don't recall exact measures. There are two different excerpts.....one is near the beginning and stops before the 1st variation. The next excerpt starts a few lines before the end of the piece and finishes the piece. I'll let you know the exact measures. Thank you very much for all of your insight. It really is helping me.
~Matt

Follow Ups: