Re: Re: Re: Good income?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Farah on November 20, 2000 at 17:57:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Good income? posted by Erik on November 19, 2000 at 19:56:28:

Trust me, I was an "office manager" (the dump-on person in the office) and I was treated ok however, it sucked. I had quit the horn because I didn't think I would make it as a musician. I started practicing again, took a couple of auditions I knew I wouldn't win (although it's a good thing I took them, because the audition music for one band was the sightreading for another :). One year after I said ENOUGH, I got my gig. I'm damn happy too even though the funeral I did was incredibly cold because I could have worked 8 hours instead of the 3 that I did today.

The only way to do it is lots of hard work (practice) and hunger. Only when I desparately wanted the gig did I get it. I don't know person who honestly said, "I didn't work that hard." Once I figured out how to win the job, I got it. Playing in the navy band is definately the best job I have ever had. I typically only work about 10 hours a week, and the rest of the time is spent practicing while watching Scooby Doo or at the bookstore relaxing in one of those big fluffy chairs with a hot chocolate and a good book. And this is while everyone else is at their day job.

Farah.

Follow Ups: