Re: how do I use the serial # for Nirschel

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dietmar on November 06, 2001 at 18:26:11:

In Reply to: how do I use the serial # for Nirschel posted by john s on November 06, 2001 at 15:29:03:

Hi John,
Is this the same John that purchased the used 6/4 NirschlYork in BBb? If so, your earlier threads prompted me to investigate a little deeper. I subsequently had a couple of back and forth e-mails with Walter Nirschl on this issue. Your instrument (if this is the same person) is currently 1 of 1 ever built. Mr. Nirschl said he based it on the CC York copies and in fact he has had quite a bit of interest and a number of inquiries for this type of instrument (BBb instead of CC). He currently has two hard orders for them (BBb's) which will be complete sometime next April/May. I'm actually interested in one, but wish I could try tooting on one first. According to Mr. Nirschl the tone qualities are identical in every respect to the CC models; the extra length has been distributed throughout the instrument from leadpipe to bell, not just added, say, in the tuning slide. Visually he says it is also short and "fat" (his words), just like the CC. Of course, you would know that. Anyway, this doesn't help you with the model number, but just trying to shed a little light on the subject. With such limited production, there may not BE a model number. And if this is not the same John, then just ignore all the above.

Of course, you could also email Mr. Nirschl.

Dietmar

Follow Ups: