Re: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on November 07, 2001 at 17:52:23:

In Reply to: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!! posted by js on November 07, 2001 at 09:10:05:

I have come to the conclusion that all shipping companies are going to drop and throw all packages around. Things like bells are going to get damaged if there is any way that the horn is move around in the case. So I've always bubble wrap the horn inside it's case that the horn can't slide around in the case.

Another thing I've done on ocassion when I wasn't real confident on whether UPS would be careful enough with the package is sent it via a mailhouse, and had them package it or inspect the packaging. If you pay the extra bucks that the mailhouse charges versus shipping directly with the shipping company, then you have another person to take the blame if damage occur. If the mailhouse packages it for you and UPS says it wasn't packaged good enough then that becomes a fight between the mailhouse and UPS.

I've also realized that commercial accounts get better service then individuals do, so I occasionally will have the company I work for ship it, and then reimburse them.

Follow Ups: