Re: irked about parents

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on November 17, 2001 at 01:37:46:

In Reply to: irked about parents posted by Julie on November 16, 2001 at 23:28:15:

Why should someone who gets a new horn from his parents "irk" you in any way. Is it really any of your business? Would you be "irked" at me if I made more money than your dad and could afford to purchase a new truck for cash (okay, I wrote a check)? Maybe I should stop paying for lessons for my son because someone in his section either can't afford lessons, or pays for his/her own! Are you worried that this guy might take your chair now that he has a good horn and has time to practice while you work to pay of yours? I wish every parent would buy their kid a horn, pay for lessons, even see that there was a roof over his/her head. Kids deserve that. But that is not reality. Some parents cannot afford the expense, some kids are spoiled brats! If you cannot he happy for this guy (maybe he is a jerk), at least be polite. The world is not fair, and that will become clearer as you get older (like when you have a real world job, pay rent/utilities/car payments/insurance/taxes...and have to work next to some guy who makes more money simply because he was born a male). Enjoy your horn, and the pleasure it brings you. Or smile inside as he puts dents on a horn he didn't pay for, and know that true satisfaction will not come from things given, but things earned.

Follow Ups: