Re: UPS Shipping/Insurance Follow-up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on November 19, 2001 at 12:18:45:

In Reply to: UPS Shipping/Insurance Follow-up posted by Erik on November 18, 2001 at 16:09:38:

UPS insurance seems to be designed not to pay! I bought a bass trombone last year,
the seller shipped it in the instrument case thinking that would be good enough.
When I opened the package I found the bell section had broken loose from it's clamps
and was dented from impact. UPS's solution was to have me ship the package as is back
to their inspection office. From there they were going to send it back to the original shipper to try to get him to pay! You can imagine what shape it would have been in when I would finally get it back! I just picked the package up at the UPS inspection office.

Come to find out, the UPS delivery guys load and unload their trucks by throwing the packages! I think any package you ship had better be strong enough that the interior
would not be damaged until the exterior is punctured or flattened. Probably sprayed foam
with about 6" clearance on all sides. Forget about UPS insurance, it's worthless. It might make more sense to buy musical instrument insurance in advance of shipping from the
AF of M or some similar program.

Follow Ups: