Re: irked about parents

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jane in MN on November 19, 2001 at 12:46:28:

In Reply to: irked about parents posted by Julie on November 16, 2001 at 23:28:15:

Here's a little different perspective for you...my son and I just got back from South Bend where I got him a CC Miraphone 188 (and a beautiful horn she is). He's 16 and a pretty good kid. We aren't anywhere close to upper-class (although we live in a pretty hoity-toity 'burb), so spoiled is not a word in our vocabulary.

I've raised this kid on my own since he was less than a year old. When I was diagnosed with cancer in '98, and again in April, he took on the laundry, grocery shopping, lawn care, and a lot of other things so I wouldn't have to do them. Since he lives for band, I decided to get him a horn now, because if anything happens to me, he probably won't go out and buy one for himself. He's got tremendous potential as a musician and I'm very proud of him, and I truly believe that he deserves a good instrument while I'M still around to enjoy hearing him play it.

I guess my point is that maybe you should withhold judgement about parents until you know all the circumstances behind a given situation. I'm not beating on you, really, but chances are you don't know the whole story.

My biggest issue is why he bought a BBb horn. Duh!

Jane

Follow Ups: