Re: Re: Re: UPS Shipping/Insurance Follow-up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on November 19, 2001 at 15:20:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: UPS Shipping/Insurance Follow-up posted by Will Traphagan on November 19, 2001 at 09:24:49:

Hey Will! I hope you're doing well!

The problem with Amtrak is they are inconsistent. The folks who answer the national line (1-800-etc.) told me this. They said they have rough guidelines for shipping large things like tubas but that every station is free to run things the way they wish. To be honest, I always wondered about this policy because what happens if I ship a tuba from here (where they take tubas for shipping no problem) to someplace they don't? Do they refuse the box? In reality, Amtrak has been very good for me. I've shipped things a few times with them and never a scratch or hassle. Of course, the phone information leaves something to be desired but if you try and talk to the more experience clerks at the station you want to deal with, they usually know what to do and won't give you too many headaches. You could also try a different station. There are a few down here within easy driving distance (less than 1 hour). Perhaps you have different stations to choose from in your area and any one of them might be able to take better care of you. Good luck!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: