Re: Re: Flight Case with Horn is Gigbag

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zanne on November 22, 2001 at 02:02:38:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Case with Horn is Gigbag posted by Bryan on November 21, 2001 at 01:53:43:

I found a barely used unitec case (from Tuba Exchange,of all places!) that fit my Rudi in a Reunion Blues gigbag perfectly. The setup worked great - be prepared to pay oversize/overweight fees though. My only problem came when I traveled with a group (booked through EF Tours).The trip director neglected to do her job and our horns got caught in customs red tape. While I proceded on to another country, and then back home, my tuba stayed in Munich. Unfortunately, I had decided to make room in my suitcase for goodies and put my dirty clothes in the bell. When I finally got my horn 5 weeks later, it was ripe! I felt much more comfortable about the safety of my tuba during that time because of the flight case. It is certainly worth the hassle of transporting it. If you can't find a flight case in your price range (and time frame), search the archives. Someone posted instructions on how to make a "homebrew" flight case.

Follow Ups: