Re: price/protection/convenience/nerdiness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nerdiness and Joe's issues on November 27, 2001 at 10:47:05:

In Reply to: price/protection/convenience/nerdiness posted by js on November 26, 2001 at 23:00:01:

well well well, you could leave the horn in the closet and then it would NEVER get dented, but what good is that? Get over it Joe some people want the convenience and also manage to be careful enough that "dents" are not a huge, all-consuming concern.
WE KNOW gig bags aren't bullet-proof. Heck, when I was in collitch the damned MB support weenies set the director's ladder down smack in the middle of my 184's gig bag (Ihad thought it would be safer than leaving it in my car!) and I also had soom wood-wind-playing weenie punt the bell-end of the same horn (in it's leatherbag) while trying to sneek back and swipe one of our stands. But you know Joe, ship hattens. For me, a little more care was the natural result of those "events." Buying a hard case and stumbling around like the foot locker-dragging kids in the movie "Nerds" would be over-reacting. Wedon't use gig bags to "look cool" they're a "convenience."

Follow Ups: