Re: Re: For those linking to pictures...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 28, 2001 at 11:37:00:

In Reply to: Re: For those linking to pictures... posted by Art H on November 27, 2001 at 23:56:36:

I mentioned geocities because when my browser hangs waiting for a graphic from somewhere, the two most likely possibilities are geocities and aol.

I have a cheapie, low traffic domain at Earthlink. No pop-up ads, no banner ads, and no delays that I've ever noticed. I don't pay much for it. Our community band as web space with Cedant. No pop-up ads, no banner ads, and no delays that I've ever experienced, plus it has a wonderfully easy management interface. The cost is about ten bucks a month in both cases. Even the free web site with Earthlink that they tossed in with my dial-up account worked without ads or delays.

I don't know how many times I've aborted the download of an ebay page, which means my interest in that item for sale ended, waiting for graphics from geocities and aol, which makes me think that free isn't always cheap.

Rick "who thinks that servers either provide service or have no reason to exist" Denney

Follow Ups: