Re: MUSIC STORES AND BAND DIRECTORS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on November 29, 2001 at 23:50:13:

In Reply to: MUSIC STORES AND BAND DIRECTORS posted by js on November 29, 2001 at 16:24:35:

Joe,
I was never offered a kick back. My sales rep has taken me out for a beer a few times, but I just consider that part of the schmooze and booze of doing business. They always feed the HS teachers at the county and district festivals, but since I am in the elementary school I miss out on all that stuff, so about 4 years ago he started taking my out for a beer at the end of the school year.

Our school gets decent prices on the instruments we purchase, although they are no better than what you or any other store would offer, and they do not always get the bids, so their prices are not that good.

I too get a calendar every yeat (2 actually, one for my wife!)

A few years back there was a parent who went on a tirade at our school and even went so far as to write a nasty letter accusing the music teachers of this, but I could honestly tell her and my adminsitration that there was and never has been any such thing going on. I defintely would not feel right accepting it. And consider it a definite conflict of interest.

I also had a friend (sort of) once make a side comment about me losing the rental kick back if she got her daughter's flute at another store. I was very polite about it but told her that in no uncertain terms did anything like that go on.
ken k

Follow Ups: