Re: South Florida Tuba sellers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on November 01, 2002 at 08:59:19:

In Reply to: South Florida Tuba sellers posted by Jim Merring on November 01, 2002 at 00:37:24:

I unfortunately have to concur with Jay that your options will be very limited. There is good news, however. Plane flights from Tampa or Orlando to Newawrk, NJ are usually very cheap. I'm sure they're pretty cheap to Baltimore, MD, also. Basically, what I am saying is it would be better worth your time to go to a reputable, cheaply accesable by plane dealer that always has a good selection of new and used. It looks like right now is a good time to find a lot of quality used horns. Unfortunately, the economy has forced a lot of players to shed unneccesary tubas.
If you do want to buy a new horn and aren't as concerned with trying them out or know what you want to buy, Gary Underwood in Orlando is a fair businessman. His prices aren't as cheap as the big guys, but he offers good service and does do good repairs if you make sure he is doing them for you. He is a woodwind player and stays busy repairing the local pro's horns, but does excellent brass work if he has time (he did his brass training at Dillon's, I'm told, many years ago).

Best of luck,

Matt G

Follow Ups: