Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: british players

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on November 04, 2002 at 23:08:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: british players posted by Graham on November 04, 2002 at 07:07:46:

Well,

I have to say you are probably right about British players. Our lead Eb bass in the Brass Band I have recently joined is great. I cannot match him in sound or technical ability. He plays a Besson but I don't know the model. THe horn has the 19" bell and is 3+1. I play a Willson. He likes my horn and my sound and I know my horn can and will sound bigger than his besson but only if he were the one playing it. He has not tries my Willson but said he wants to get one. I am thinking he might not like the 5V non comp setup since he is so accustomed to the the 3+1 Bessons. I hope someday I can play up to that level because he travels a lot and I get stuck in the lead spot sometimes when he is gone and it is tough to fill those shoes. I cannot comment on the British players winning american gigs. I do know that we in the US sould listen to the great Brass bands in the UK. I think it would be a good help to here such wonderful groups such as Grimethorpe.

Follow Ups: