Re: Re: Buying/selling tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cheap Trombone on November 05, 2002 at 20:01:23:

In Reply to: Re: Buying/selling tubas posted by listener on November 05, 2002 at 17:08:52:

That 65% rule seems interesting. I had a girlfriend that couldn't resist another pair of shoes on sale, no matter how ugly. "I'll just find a new dress to go with it," she'd say. That's an EX girlfriend. My keeper girlfriend wouldn't buy something she didn't need at 90% off. Problem is relative though. How many times I hear a trumpet player try that crap about $1500 beeing too much for a professional brand and model trumpet, just like the orchestral guys use. I just tell them I'm a tuba player. Usually they think and go "Oh, I see." For the dense ones, I say "If great tubas were that cheap, I'd own one for every day of the week." Or the time a pompus dad was trying to beat us up on the all ready discounted price of a Bach trombone that was in short supply and high demand. The owner kept his ground while I was falling for the story. He huffed out of the store with family in tow. I went looking for a coworker and noticed the side door open. As I stepped out to talk to him, I saw Daddy loading the gang in his new Mercedes. People will find a way to get what matters to them the most. Fun observations from a watcher of people. Matt

Follow Ups: