Re: Buying/selling tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on November 06, 2002 at 01:29:20:

In Reply to: Buying/selling tubas posted by Tony Clements on November 05, 2002 at 15:30:12:

A deal!!!

I have the same customers as you and any of the rest of the guys who sell horns, accessories and do repairs. The high end shops will sell no matter what. They will undoubtedly tell us that sales are down, but what else is new? Sales were probably up last year.

The economy is not nearly as affected as the news would have us believe. New home sales, car sales, and eating out don't seem to be much affected. In fact, my small goods sales and used instrument sales are up this year as are my repairs. Every time the "economy" has been down, that is what has happened to my business.

Each person looking for an instrument, wants a "deal". We all want to find a Hirsbrunner F tuba in perfect condition, not stolen, for $1500 or less. When the desire to have the best horn no matter what the cost, he or she will buy the horn. Trust me, you don't have to have the cash to purchase a horn. There are numerous ways to buy without it.

Good luck at trying to figure out what the customer wants. You have to make your market and then advertise, advertise, advertise......., provide better service than anyone else and hang in there.

Follow Ups: