Free music (Br5+Church ensemble)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on November 08, 2002 at 04:16:29:

There was some interest for for my edition of 5 settings from 4 countries of "All people that on earth do dwell" for Tuba Quartet.

I have just uploaded a setting for Brass Quartet/Quintet (2nd trumpet is optional). Transposed score and parts. Tuba part in bass as well as contra bass version. Additional Treble Clef parts for Brass Band style quintets. Follow the link below.

In contrast to the Tuba Quartet setting, the Brass Quartet/Quintet setting is in a key, F major, that allows for plainsong. As many contributors report to play in church ensembles, I have added several parts for instruments often found in such ensembles:

Flutes/Oboes 1-3, English horn

Clarinets: 1-2, alto, bass, contralto in Eb,

Bassoons 1-2

2nd horn in F

Violins 1-2, viola, cello 1-2, Double bass

Organ part on 3 staves, that also can be used as a concert pitch score. The first setting by John Dowland might be very hard to play on organ.

This number of parts also allows for finding parts for recorders, saxophones, and C trumpets. Even some small community and school orchestras, bands, and ensembles might find parts for all of their members but for the percussion section. The settings are not all very easy. The tubas have to do some fairly fast moving stuff.

As usual with my free music files, you will have to be a member of my free and non-posting YorkMasterBBb Yahoo group, which needs my approval. Everybody telling his/hers full name and mentioning his/hers ensembles will be approved. Those of you that I know will be approved right away from their well-known mail addresses. But I have no chance to know all of the kind and interested lurkers from this board.

Enjoy

Klaus

Follow Ups: