Re: Re: Re: PT-20

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on November 13, 2002 at 20:10:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: PT-20 posted by Tim C on November 12, 2002 at 22:17:02:

I recently played both horns back to back while I was visiting custom music. The difference to me between the two horns which were both piston models was the low register as far as the ease of hitting the low notes at all volumes. The PT6 was better in the low register for me but I did not go and try a lot of horns. I was trying out mouthpieces and also wanted to try those two models since they are both on my list for potential purchase in the future. I think the PT6 seemed versatile enough to use in a smaller setting even though it is a 5/4. My only horn right now is a Willson Eb and I can do most everything on it so I would not really need a 4/4 CC. Just from my playing the two together and not from what I am looking for based on my needs I would still choose the PT6 pver the 20. I am not sure if I would get the rotors or the pistons either. I really like the rotor B&S tubas.

I would say that is if you were looking for a 4/4 tuba and not a 5/4 then the PT20 is a really great horn and probably as good as any other make horn of comparable size. This is one of those things where you really have to go and try them out yourself and make your decision that way. They are both great horns.

Follow Ups: