tuba mute gig bag!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dmmorris on November 14, 2002 at 08:45:47:

........After schlepping my wonderful Denis Wick mute around in a large duffel-bag padded with some pillows stolen off of the livingroom sofa, I decided it would be nice to have a better bag. After calling around and checking with this BBS, it turns-out that tuba mute gigbags are not off-the-shelf items......no big surprise.

I called Donna Altieri of Altieri Instrument Bags to see if she might be interested in helping me out. She said yes, and I sent her some photos via email of the mute and scanned sketches with dimensions. I am happy to report that she has made an excellent product and with all high quality materials. Very fast turn-around, easy communication, and with just wonderful customer service. Cost was $70(US). She even included a shoulder strap and a little pocket for a folding music stand w/ Velcro-flap for closure. Very nice.
FYI: Dolly Bags was not interested in this project......at least that was my impression from the lack of response to multiple phone calls and emails over a 5-month period.

Regards,
dmm

Follow Ups: