Re: Re: Re: Re: Euphonium ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on November 18, 2002 at 00:57:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Euphonium ? posted by Brendan on November 18, 2002 at 00:44:47:

I know what you mean. However, I think the response of the Prestige is superb. Obviously it does something good. Steve Mead sounds like a Million bucks on it and he says it's the most comfortable setup he's ever played. I think that says something about it. Out of all the Prestige's I've played, I liked all but one of them (I've played about5 of them) and they all played pretty much in tune except for high concert Eb, E, and F, and with a slight movement of the trigger could be played exactly in tune for me. Everything else was pretty much on and responded well. Especially the low end of the horn. Amazing response on the compensating end! Plus, the valves, once you get them broken in and if you take very good care of them, are amazing on the Prestige. So quick, quiet, and responsive. They are also shorter than most and are closer to the hand bar which makes it easy for fast, accurate play. I guess what you like is what you like. I mean, the top euphonium player/soloist in the world prefers the Prestige. There's obviously got to be something great about it!

Follow Ups: