Re: New Embouchure Strengthening Tool

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Liemar Technologies on November 24, 2002 at 15:38:30:

In Reply to: New Embouchure Strengthening Tool posted by Liemar Technologies on November 21, 2002 at 19:04:14:

Our original message was just a posting to let you know about the availability of this new product called CHOP-STICKS, however due to some skepticism and misinformation we decided a follow-up was necessary. I hope the following answers some of your questions, if not, please visit our website (WWW.CHOP-STICKS.INFO), or send me an email.

First of all, the concept of CHOP-STICKS is a tool to facilitate strength and range problems you may face in your playing(see "what it can do" for many more applications). It is to be used with practicing (and sometimes by itself when you can't play)and buzzing. Buzzing is great, but CHOP-STICKS is a weight lifting technique with added adaption for aperture sizes used while playing. Isometric and Range-of-Motion exercises are incorporated into a 10-week program.

The approach we use is an adaptation and advancement of Armando Ghitalla's, and I need to point out that this is completely different than the method described by Doug Elliott. Our method can take you much farther in a shorter period of time, and can do things that a simple pencil could not. Atheletes supplement their training with focused strength training, this is because the act of playing the chosen sport is simply not enough to train the whole body for it's peak performance.

Finally, the website contains information to answer your questions, including an endorsement by Tim Morrison, as well as the FAQ and Comments page from CHOP-STICKS users. The exercise program and methodology is not on the website; it is a part of our product. However, with a purchase of CHOP-STICKS you get the methodologies booklet that contains pictures of the correct way to use the sticks, the 10-week exercise program, a designer bag, and 5 weights.

I hope you will visit our website with an open mind and be assured that this is not a hoax...If this were not innovative, it would not be worthy of a study at the University of Arizona involving 49 brass students. Thank you to Stephen Kunzer and Tim Chen for your support in this project!

Liemar Technologies LLC

Follow Ups: