Re: Re: Re: Re: Another worthless Baritone player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff on November 27, 2002 at 16:18:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Another worthless Baritone player posted by Joe Baker on November 27, 2002 at 14:36:03:

I'm curious as to what would have happened if the BD had created a website that "belittled" the student. As someone else has mentioned, I bet that this is an understatement of what was said/written on the site. I would hope the BD isn't the one who pointed out the site to the school board. If so, I think he turned a stupid, childish thing into a huge issue. We're discussing it on a national/worldwide BBS. Do teenagers do stupid potentially illegal act? YES. Did the board reaction make the situation better or worse? I say WORSE. The school system has less money, and the kid is rewarded (publicity, money, bragging rights to friends etc.). Evidentally the kid was a real disruption in class (an assumption on my part). The director could have followed the established discipline procedures for the students (office referrals, detentions and the like). Eventually the kid would straigten up or quit band. If a kid gets written up and sent to the office enough, the admin will do SOMETHING. I've had students who really got under my skin. Documentation of discipline procedures wins the day. And before anybody thinks I teach in ideal situation, I've been physically and verbally threatened, cussed out, written about in the paper, etc.(all of this by both students and parents). If you doubt me ask Dennis Askew about how things are at Cass high school. BTW, Dennis if you read this "How are you doing".

Cliff

Follow Ups: