Re: Re: Compare MW2145 to Getzon G50

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Debbie on November 03, 2003 at 22:01:47:

In Reply to: Re: Compare MW2145 to Getzon G50 posted by jon schultz on November 03, 2003 at 21:25:35:

Hi Jon. I thought it must be you when I saw your earlier post about your trip to South Bend.

Well - it was hard to throw it out, but bringing home three seemed a little too much. We finally ditched it because he liked the sound of the other two better. (Besides - what are the chances he would choose the "cheap" one of the trio!)

One of the things that is pushing us into this is "tuba crunch" at the high school. They have twelve players in the high school and five tubas. While there is usually a tuba at class time sometimes that even gets thin depending on what groups are practicing. They do also have eight convertable contras from marching band, but even though they are fairly new they are not in good shape with sticking valves, etc.

While not meant to be a "reward" we are in part motivated by 1) him practicing mostly daily for three years without us ever saying "boo", and 2) him making first chair freshman band - agianst some stiff competition - which I guess helped reinforce that he is serious and the practicing is showing results (as opposed to just going through the motions.)

Thanks for the time you spent with him Saturday. We sure learned a lot.

Follow Ups: