Help me! I cannot play anymore!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pier on November 09, 2003 at 13:13:10:

Hello everybody!
I learned to play the tuba by myself and I've been playing it for 13 years now and everything went on just fine. Since last April though, I've become gradually less able to play, even the simplest music. Now I can't even play a single note right.
In particular, I have problems buzzing my lips: they just keep on moving and I can't direct the air-stream properly into the mouthpiece. Also I cannot control my tongue, which sometimes goes between my theeth.
I do exercice myself buzzing only with the mouthpiece, but I loose a lot of air and nothing comes out.
I've started having these problems after I took some tuba classes to emprove my playing ability (:-(( !!!) so my guessing is that maybe (since I learned playing by myself) I used to play in my own mode and when my teacher started changing my embochure I just couldn't play anymore.
My teacher keeps telling me that I just buzz my lips and not my embochure, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Can anybody help me??? Please, I just want to go back playing as before (or even better) !!!

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english!
Bye
Pier

Follow Ups: