Re: NEW HORN Conn 52J -and satin finish care

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bloke on November 10, 2003 at 19:29:54:

In Reply to: NEW HORN Conn 52J -and satin finish care posted by Podd Man on November 10, 2003 at 18:43:33:

brutally honest:

I REALLY like the 52J tubas that I've played. If I felt like I could afford the luxury of two sizes of tubas both in the same key, I would like to have a 52J...and the tubas that I do own are considered to be pinnacle instruments by many players. (I'm trying to let you know that a "picky" person is complimenting the playing characteristics of the 52J.)

Best remedy of the finish is prevention: Wash your hands before playing.

a trick for polishing satin silver: Mix an aggressive polish (like Wright's Silver Cream) half-and-half with an agressive liquid dishwashing detergent (like Octagon/Crystal White). Polish the entire instrument with this goop using your bare hands (so you won't scratch it with a cloth, etc.). Take it outside to hose it off when you're done. The detergent in the mix will allow all of it to jet off the surface completely clean...rather than sticking down between the "blast" marks...

...and do this as seldom as possible. (See "Wash your hands before playing." above)

Follow Ups: