Re: Bb Conversion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Recent CC Convert on November 11, 2003 at 20:41:17:

In Reply to: Bb Conversion posted by Debbie on November 11, 2003 at 15:23:54:

I purchased a CC last year after having played BBb exclusively since I began playing eight or nine years ago. It took me about three or four weeks until I could play proficiently. During those first few weeks I worked on things like Vaughan Williams... VW Six Studies in English Folksong that is ;), and other slow solos and etudes, as well as scales. I am naturally impatient and get frustrated easily; however, I found that by forcing my self to proceed slowly and having realistic expecations for myself, I was able to pick up CC without torturing myself too much.

Switching back and forth between CC at home and BBb at school was also a transient problem, albeit one that took slightly longer to overcome that simply learning CC fingerings. I currently play both tubas and have no significant problems switching between the two instruments. Although a previous poster indicated that playing a BBb significantly impairs his ability to play CC, I would respectfully submit that this is far from a universal problem as evidenced by the many players who switch between different keys of instruments frequently. I certainly don't mean this as a criticism of the previous poster, as I have no reason to doubt his playing ability. I merely wish to suggest that you may not encounter the same problems with switching between instruments as he does.

Follow Ups: