Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How can i make my parents realize.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on November 12, 2003 at 11:21:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How can i make my parents realize....... posted by yeah... on November 12, 2003 at 10:33:30:

Just because someone wrote the test, that does not mean that the people taking the test passed it. If this was a test for teachers, and most of them failed it, it only shows that we can write really hard tests. It says nothing about intelligence or ability to succeed.

I would cite statistics, but my sight is failing me (no coffee this morning) and I don't know what site would provide me with the aforementioned stats. I can feign intelligence by telling you that fane and vane have the same meaning, i.e. weathervane or weathercock. Also, I would fain define fane, though I think it vain, as a place dedicated to some deity, a sanctuary, a temple or church. By now my veins are popping and I must stop for a breath. As I breathe the fresh air and take in the rays of the sun, I raise my gaze to the destruction of a nearby structure. As they raze the house, and I loosen my clothes, I think of the man who is losing his home.

Follow Ups: