Senior Recital Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weldon on November 13, 2003 at 00:04:39:

Hello,
I'm looking for suggestions for my upcoming senior recital. I have been reading posts here for a while now. I know that most people will read this and try to say that it's too broad, and I realize this. Springfield is not exactly a hotbed of tuba music, and the state music convention is too far away. So, to give you an idea of what I have going for me, this is what I have:

Effie Suite - I'm working on it, and it's slightly above my technical ability and range as far as endurance is concerned.

Beversdorf Sonata - I love this pieve and it's most likely going to be a part of the recital.

Marcello Sonatas 1 and 5 - I've played these in the past, but haven't seen 2, 3 or 4. Are they better/harder?

Introduction and Dance by Barat

Suite for Tuba by Haddad - Very nice piece, but another person in my studios is playing it the same semester as my senior recital.

So, I've seen solos by well-known band composers such as Nelhybel, Vivaldi and Wagner, but I've never seen them. Really any kind of suggestion of something you have played in college or otherwise would help. I'm also in the market for a good quintet piece. I doubt Tuba Tiger Rag is legit enough, but I have a recording of Tuba Lullaby, but can't find the music. Similarly, I have found Ride of the Valkyries and Barber of Seville for quintet, but can't find a recording. Any suggestions there would be nice too. If you've read this far, I truely thank you. I hope that it wasn't a waste of your time, and I hope to hear many responses from the wealth of excellent musicians that pass through here daily. Have a wonderful day.

Andy Weldon
Senior Music Ed Major
Southwest Missouri State University

Follow Ups: