Re: Re: Re: Listening...instead of Playing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by guy - again on November 14, 2003 at 13:40:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Listening...instead of Playing posted by another guy on November 14, 2003 at 09:52:10:

I guess at the sports event (since none are very interesting at all to spectators - except for a few very isolated moments during the games) one can get up, go pee, get a beer / slice of pizza, make a ruckus, tell jokes, etc. That helps get through the dreadful uneventfulness of the event...

...and I've attended some sports events because friends/relatives participated...and those were vastly more interesting to me than "hired athlete" (pro) sports events.
As far as music is concerned, it is obvious that (without the beer, being able to get up and pee, jokes, pizza, etc.) there really aren't that many folks who are true "music lovers"...and concerts that lack any "toe-tappers" (like your friend's Mahler Symphony, etc.) are tough for most folks to bear UNLESS THEY ARE PLAYING, rather than simply listening. I'm sure that's why concert halls usually only accomodate 2500 (vs. 35,000)...and why most of us who play music honestly don't attend that many concerts ourselves...

Follow Ups: