Simply the best....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elisa Harvey on November 15, 2003 at 00:12:49:

There are very few performers that are able to transcend their instrument title of "euphoniumist" or "tubist" to earn the title of musician, but tonight one of them performed the most amazing recital I have ever heard. This evening Oystein Baadsvik performed a recital with selections from his newest cd "Tuba Carnival". He is honestly one of the most musical performers that I have ever had the privelege of hearing. If you missed out on this performance, I greatly encourage you to make every effort to hear him live. He brought an audience full of everyone from tuba players to oboe players and non-musicians to their feet three separate times. It was one of those inspiring performances that stirs up the kind of emotion that only extremely sensitive and musical players can elicit. Not only was his recital completely beyond words, but he ran a masterclass earlier in the day that was both insightful and thought provoking. Everything Oystein said could be related to nearly every player in the room, regardless of ability or even instrument. Once again, I just want to encourage everyone out there that has a chance to come in contact with this fine musician to do so. I know that my playing and my outlook on music will never be the same after spending just one day with him.

-Elisa Harvey

Follow Ups: