Re: Laskey Mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris B on November 18, 2003 at 02:41:34:

In Reply to: Laskey Mouthpieces posted by Devin Otto on November 12, 2003 at 11:02:01:

I bought a Miraphone 1291 last year and decided to try a few new mouthpieces after playing a Shilke 66 for years and years. I went through about 15-20 models. I ended up with a Laskey 30G as my favorite. I also have a 30H. I tried a 28H and always came back to the 30G. Tony E and I also tried all these mouthpieces on his Holton 341 and his "new" Miraphone 3/4 rotary horn. Still, we end up with the Laskeys. I found Scott to be very candid and helpful. They just produce a great sound and he seems to have found just the right mix of rim contour, cup shape and back bore to make a really great mouthpiece. I am about ready to sell all the others I have from Shilke, Marcinkewietz (sp) , et. al. I am very happy with this line and they seem to work on virtually any horn we can find. There are differences between the G and H cups that seem to depend on the horn. I have not tried the F or C cups as Scott felt they were primarily solo mouthpieces. Hope this helps. Both of us came to the same basic conclusions on different horns and with quite different lip and jaw structures.

Follow Ups: