Re: Meinl Weston F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flame me on November 20, 2003 at 22:14:54:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston F posted by Dan Turner on November 20, 2003 at 22:01:06:

It depends alot on which MW tuba you are talking about. They cover some extremes.
The MW182 is small and has 5 rotary valves. Great tuba, with the clear fact that it is VERY SMALL. The high range sounds tremendous but would be very limited in the low range for any size of an ensemble.

The MW45slp comes up for sale quite often. It has the perfect tuba sound in my opinion. It also has the most uncomfortable and ergonimically inconsiderate valve section on the planet. The sound is to die for. The valve section will kill you. I am 32 years old and started to think that I had artheritis in my right hand and forearm. It turns out that I was killing my forearm doing clark studies with the "Big Valve set". If you are comfortable with these valve. I envy you and would still own a 45slp....probably, the sound might still be too close to a Contrabass tuba.

I didn't put my name with this because I am welcoming the flames. Go ahead get rude with me. But the number of 45slp that have come up for sale over the last several months confirms what I have said.

Follow Ups: