Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: An Appeal to College Students.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 21, 2003 at 11:51:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: An Appeal to College Students..... posted by RTP on November 21, 2003 at 03:06:34:

Robert, don't go too far. Wade's point was that the original poster had the best interests of college students in mind, which deserved a positive response. That someone took it personally and responded defensively was a case of wearing the shoe that fits.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't post in the future, or put any more significance to it than a simple lesson learned--a lesson that all of us have had to learn. The underlying principle is to avoid speaking in code to just a few folks on a world-wide public forum read by thousands, and we have all been guilty of that at times. Even Wade has had to learn this. I know I have.

Ray is everything that Wade describes, but he's also a grownup. He doesn't offend easily and I'm sure he's not offended now. He's probably worried that he offended you (okay, maybe not, heh, heh.) As Dale Phelps (who has made this same request, and recently, too) has cleverly said, sometimes you have to be a bit sharp to make a point. Don't take it personally.

Rick "who wonders if this is the drama season; there seems to be a lot going around" Denney

Follow Ups: