Re: again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by NM on November 29, 2003 at 00:25:15:

In Reply to: again posted by perceptions on November 28, 2003 at 22:18:37:

I actually appreciated your perspective on my question. I would have responded back, but I had work that had to be done.

I have been curious about Kings since I first heard about them on this board. I am an (rank) amateur and can not justify spending $10K on a hobby. I have been looking around at potential new tubas while I am saving the money to buy one. The response on the board to the King has me wondering. Are they good or not. OR, more practically, if I find a 'deal' how likely might it be that it is one of the 'not as good' instruments. I know ways of checking on lemon cars, but how do you know if you are looking at a lemon tuba without having to fly thousands of miles to try it out (I live on the left coast). If I find a used year-old tuba, what is the likely-hood of it being one someone bought and found that it had problems due to workmanship? Thanks both Joe and Rick for your responses. Sorry if my question caused problems!

After fifty plus years on this earth (twenty of them working with tax collection programs), I have learned to listen to what a person has to say, separate the facts and opinions, form an opinion of my own.

Norm Miller

Follow Ups: